Solum Clan Community Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Solum Clan Community Forums

Alone, We Stand Together

You are not connected. Please login or register

NoHelps Tips and Tricks for your Ironman!

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

NoHelp

NoHelp
Recruit
Recruit

So i'm a good month into my ironman now and ive come across quite a few tips and tricks along the way. You may already know some of these and they may not apply to you but I hope they can help some people as they definitely helped me!

Agility:

Not many people a big fans of grinding out agility, especially at low exp/hr for the low levels to start off with.

-The tourists trap quest can be completed for 1-25 agility. The quest does have a boss fight but can easily defeated at low level with cakes. I would however complete knights sword quest to get 29 smithing as 20 smithing is a req. Heres a video guide:

-25 agility means you can do the Grand Tree quest. This is another quick and easy quest that gives you some easy attack and agility exp!

-Rooftops are your best friend for agility. From 31-52 you want to do rooftops as they are the best exp/hr and give marks of grace which are very useful! From 52-60 I recommend going to the agility course as it a lot better exp/hr than the fally rooftop course. 60-70 do the Canifis course. 70 is a good level to get as at 68 you will get full graceful doing it via the above method and it gives access to many good shortcuts such as blue dragons in taverley, cosmic altar shortcut and you cant forget the more run you will have!

Getting around:

Getting around on an ironman is not as easy! Law runes are harder to obtain and glorys definitely arent!

-I recommend doing all the quests leading up to fairy tale part 2. This includes, Restless ghost, Priest in peril, Nature spirit, lost city and Fairy tale part 1. (These are all useful quests to complete anyway!) You only need to do up to the part of fairy tale part 2 when you unlock the fairy rings. Getting the Fairy rings unlocked was one of my priorities as I wanted access to some good places in runescape.

-Ghosts ahoy is a great quest to do as it gives the Ectopial. Not only does this item provide great access to the Mortania, but it is a 1 click unlimited teleport which is great for getting away from dangerous situations. The Ectopial also gives great access to a close fairy ring which is just west. And of course it gives good access to the allotment at Canifis.

-Gnome gliders, tree spirits and canoes; Underestimated ways of getting around!
Gnome gliders are particularly useful when getting to obscure places. The easiest one to get to would be the glider at Al khaird. A simple home teleport would bring you close to it. The gliders can help you get good access to Karamja for the Karamja quests. The digsite glider can help when doing the digsite quest if you need to bank.

Tree spirits are definitely helpful when teleports are limited. I've found at a low level the best access to tree spirits is by using the one east of Edgeville. Teleport to Varrock and use the little shortcut north of the west bank. Run north west until you see the tree spirit. These trees can help when travelling to Ardy if you do not have 51 mage and plague city done. They also give quick access to tree gnome stronghold which is quite a trek away.

Lastly we have Canoes! I did not use canoes at all until Osrs came out and I soon found out I was missing out! Since I have no glory on my ironman yet I can having to teleport to Varrock to access Edgeville. A neat little trick I found is to Home teleport, pickpocket a man 6 times till you have 18gp and the head to Bob and buy a bronze axe and head to the canoe station. These canoes can provide good access to Champions guild, Barb village, Edgville and the Wilderness. The Wilderness spot is helpful for getting to black chins hunting area quick and for getting to lava dragons, howver this canoe cannot be rode back.

-Small tip, use the edgville wilderness lever twice to get quick access to Ardy!

I will add more tips and tricks soon! I hope this has helped!

DIY Aubury

DIY Aubury
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Very helpful Smile thanks a lot!

Untrimslayer

Untrimslayer
General
General

very nice tips

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]